Phone: (302) 831-6157
Office: 104 Alfred Lerner Hall
- A leading authority on corporate governance issues, Elson's fields of expertise include executive compensation, corporate compliance, securities regulation, corporate legal matters and Delaware issues.
- Has written extensively on the subject of boards of directors and is a frequent contributor to various scholarly and popular publications.
- Vice Chairman of the ABA Business Law Section's Committee on Corporate Governance.
- Advised and consulted organizations spanning a variety of sectors: retail (AutoZone, Inc.), manufacturing (Sunbeam Corporation and Circon Corporation), human resources (Towers Perrin), oil and natural gas (Nuevo Energy Company) and non-profit (Investor Responsibility Research Center). Elson is currently a member of the Board of Directors of HealthSouth Corporation, a healthcare services provider.
- "Of Counsel" to the law firm of Holland & Knight.
Director, John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance
Edgar S. Woolard Professor, Finance
Professor, Legal Studies
In The News:
Wells Fargo faces tough choices on once-revered CEO
Clawing Back Bankers' Pay at Wells Fargo Is Harder Than It Looks
What's next for Wells Fargo after 'image has been shattered'?
Chipotle Board Is Back in the Spotlight with Ackman State
Lawmaker wants all Oregon CCOs to be nonprofits
Trillium: Charitable-giving pledge appears half-kept
Mylan drama: Result of poor board governance?
Exploring government's regulatory impact on financial institutions and other corporations
Crucial corporate governance topics focus of presentations, panel discussions
Authority on accounting regulation discusses past, future of auditing
Corporate governance experts discuss trends in audit committee disclosure
Weinberg Center symposium addresses hot topics in corporate governance
UD's Elson named to Public Company Accounting Oversight Board advisory group
Elson to lead blue ribbon panel of leaders in corporate governance study
Elson, Coffin among 100 most influential in corporate governance